Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So hey, I sort of love you

You make me happy.
I can't stop smiling when I'm talking to you.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, right
You know that already.
You already know those things.
I'm saying it all wrong
Or maybe I said it too soon
Because Now is when I should be telling you
And having it mean something--
Used 'em up already. All those words.
"You make me happy. You make me smile."
Used 'em all up--
"You cheer me up when I'm down. I like talking to you."
I've said it before
And so if I want to get across what I mean
I have to use bigger words.
Scarier words.
Seasick, with my legs teetering and my stomach
Twisting up into knots like this--
Bilious is the word, I think.
Those words.
Can I say them?
Probably if I do
I will have to tone them down with
Wordy diluters.
"So hey."
Those kinds of words.
"Sort of."
Those kinds of words.
If I throw in enough filler with those words,
Maybe they will be less scary.
Maybe then, I can say them.

No comments:

Post a Comment