Monday, November 30, 2009

A New Moon Rising

Settle your hand on mine baby
That's all you have to do to save me
After all that's come to pass
A girl lost, unloved then found so fast
Then thrown into despair only to
Be pulled back out again
I wonder now
Where should I stand

I love you
I love him
What we have
Is not what he and I did
This feeling is different
But both are true

Told myself I hate him
For so long, I nearly believed it
I want to forgive him
Wonder if I can
Wonder if I can

I'd just stopped seeing his face in dreams
You'd only just rescued me
The words inside just bring me down
The "uh oh" part, and the "why now"
What I'd begun to build with you
Is on such shaky ground
All I know is
It won't fall down

I'm supposed
To love him
Tu run back into his arms and forgive him
In a perfect world, it
Would be an easy choice

All I ever wanted
Seems to be
Just what you wanna give
Just want to get past this
Turmoil in my heart
Wonder if I...

A new moon's rising, hold me close
Black as dust, I'm scared, it shows
Coveralls, apocalypse
Cede to the past
I see your lips
Stammering out apologies
You need not say, my love


I'm not alone...

The one I truly love
Is right here in front of me

No comments:

Post a Comment