Saturday, December 5, 2009

Second Death(With Concern for Dawn)

They smiled until I tried to say what felt
This room is where I belong now
I'm standing still while everyone else
Is learning to stand strong now

For every sacrifice that's made
There's an equal and opposite price to pay
For every gift that I've been given
There's a whole lot of guilt that I'm reliving

Especially now
Sis, especially now

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it
The hardest thing is to love and to live with it
When that love is taken for granted
Outright rejected
And it shows
On those faces

Oh sis I don't suppose
You'd rather be alone

No one seems to dare to hold me close
It's like they're scared of who I might become now
They don't listen when I need them to the most
I sit and stare at all I want to break from now

Those sincere eyes send out the words
I only wish didn't have to be hers
For every gift that I've been given
There's a whole lot of guilt that I'm reliving

Can you understand
Sis, can you understand?

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it
The hardest thing's just to live and to bear with it
When thing don't go how you planned them
Intentions abandoned
They don't know
How great the pain is

Oh sis don't take the leap
I'd rather it be me

The hardest thing
In this world
Is to live in it...

No comments:

Post a Comment