Monday, December 7, 2009

Untitled

Twisted up pangs in my heart,
exuberant and dull.
Sort 'em out, sort 'em out,
This one here, that one there
Set that aside,
There's no place for it yet.
The boy I used to wish I could love
The one I'm happy to love now
Love's a funny word, though,
No?
Sort 'em out.
Set aside, Set inside
Watch the rain from the window.
Watch the sun through the clouds.
Whispering:
I still know you're there.
Songs on the radio in my imagination.
Piano ballad, saucy tune
Just like words in a book
From the very edge of my memory.
Nostalgia.
Draw a line and divide the space in two:
Here's where he and his belong.
Here's the place for everyone and everything before.
Sort 'em out.
Voice in a little box,
Flower blooming out and out
And out and out
And multiplying
Until there's no more room.
Stripes kicking lazily against the bright green.
Soothing.
Words in a screen, voice in a box.
Stop trying so hard
To sort 'em out.
Gather 'em all up and spread them against
The green,
The circles,
Pressed against the stripes.
Inches from my face,
Smiling.
Smiling, and just breathing in
The scent of all of it
And of here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment