Friday, September 4, 2009

Discordant.

Black shoes and burdens abound
Is what it's like to have it around
This nagging voice in the back of my head
Saying something's gotta give,
You gotta get up again

I could stop listening
For five minutes
I could turn on the music
Until I get loose of it
But I don't
No, I never do
I'm not that kind of strong

Black dress and frozen ground
I try to find comfort in some new sound
This tension is always calling my name
Telling me I'm just asleep
Until I make a change

I'll try to drown it out
For five minutes
I'll just listen to the music
Until I get wind of it
It's no use
No, it never is
At least, never for long

I wrap myself up, all in black
Try to remember what a better me would do
I hear that voice and I call back
I'm not gonna sit here and take it like I used to

And when the sunlight comes streaming in
And I have a million pages of memories
I hope no one wears black for me
I hope they dress like
The snow or the trees or the earth or the sea
Oh please

This world has got much more for me
Than a sharp tongue like that
I'll drown it out
I'm calling back
You won't have a hold on me for long
The music
For five minutes
I'm all kinds of strong

1 comment:

  1. Meh, it's not REALLY a song. But it kind of sounds like one, so I went ahead and labeled it as such. Maybe I will write it a tune one day.

    ReplyDelete