Saturday, March 28, 2009

Kayla-Style Poem

Gonna try the Kayla thing
A poem on the spot
A poem on a whim.

Gonna take these fingers and
Reach for the right letters
To make up the right words.

Gonna bathe in bright white light
Reclining on the bed
Reclining next to Miles.

Taylor interrupts and says
He needs my help right now
But then says "never mind."

He has left my door open
One moment, if you please
I need to close it now.

Swedish electronica
Is playing on iTunes
"Ooa Hela Natten" plays.

I'm thinking about the things
I've thought about lately
That confuse me so much.

Soon I'll need to figure out
What comes after high school
And how I really feel.

But right now it seems just fine
To lie here and listen
As J-metal fades in.

Goodbye Swedish techno-pop
Time for another song
Where will this one lead me?

1 comment: