Thursday, March 26, 2009

Poem About a Person I Know #2, a.k.a Olivia, Part Something of Many

Wide eyes.
I want to be like you.
Gloriously bright, lively, alpine-lake-colored eyes with lashes so dark and delicate, they seem like ink from a Russian doll painter's single-hair brush--
I wish I could be like you.

Thin smile.
I want you to be happy.
A simple and pretty little smile, curving those coral-pink lips only slightly, yet communicating the purest unbridled joy--
I rejoice in seeing you happy.

Smooth skin.
I think about your future.
Poreless skin like tea with cream, soft and vibrant, and sometimes catching those pale freckles I love so much--
I spend so much time imagining what your future might be like.

Bright hair.
You are loved.
Hair resembling spun gold just like in the fairytales, each long strand glittering from tip to tip, faling down over your shoulders in a million different shades of yellow and gold and white, saffron and platinum and sunflower and parchment--
You are deeply loved by so many people.

Small nose.
You are a smart girl.
The cutest little nose like something painstakingly chiseled by a scullptor, then worn smooth over time, turned up only slightly, and it wrinkles when you laugh--
You have the brightest mind of any girl of twelve I've ever known.

I could write a million words about who you are, outwardly and within.
I'm in awe of you, darling.
Right now you feel like someone's trying to bring you down,
But they could never reach high enough to even touch you.
Always remember how I see you, darling.

3 comments: