Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Looking In

From what I can tell, she saw him standing there
And he was as he always is
And she'd never seen anyone like him before
But that's not when she fell in love.

In my imagination, he was looking for a confidante
And there she was, like she'd heard his mind calling
And there was something novel yet familiar about her
But that's not when he fell in love.

I didn't see it, but I think maybe she was discontented
Not deeply or profoundly unhappy, but missing something crucial
And as she learned about him, he was that crucial something
And that's when she fell in love.

I can only speculate, but it was probably much more than opportunism
Because after all, feeling empty without explanation was tearing him up inside
And the more she spoke, the clearer it was that she was like an angel for him
And that's when he fell in love.

1 comment: