Friday, April 17, 2009

Plea

Don't you see?
You see, don't you?
Everyone Is Falling Asleep Because They Can't Bear To Be Awake Anymore.
You have to believe me:
Everything is going to decay if things don't start changing Now.
Why are you staring at me like that?
The words that are coming out of my mouth are Important, but you can't tell because your mouth is open.
Something's gonna slip in through that gaping mouth and take hold of you.
You need to be caring for this world!
You need to be Appreciating enough to Change Something.
You could be a catalyst!
But your mouth is open and your eyes are out of focus
Because you're still not interested in these people and these words and the Sleeping and the world you live in(which is starting to crumble by the way!) and it's not good or right or helpful.
Let's Stop Pretending That We Can Just Sleep Forever.
Hasn't someone tried that before?
It didn't work, did it?
If I hear them crying even One More Time, I'm going to start breaking down,
Just Like The Earth Under My Feet!
I'm standing!
I don't want to be one of the ones lying down!
I won't be a part of the undoing.
I'm going to stand always
Unless I'm Lying Down In Front Of Your Wheels
To prevent you from rolling your ignorance all over this former paradise people bled and cried to make!
You are so unaware that soon we all will be because(can't you tell by now?) Everyone Is Falling Asleep.
Yes, even the ones who gave everything for this place because they Wanted something Better.
It will end and you have to be able to say, for your sake and mine(I want you to be able to say it!) that you didn't fall asleep or just stand watching it happen
With that gaping void of an open mouth emitting no protest!
If my words reach you now, since your eyes seem to be showing some recognition now,
Please Start Shouting The Same Words You Hear Me Scream Out.
Because it's not too late yet!
But it will be if you don't start Acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment